[EnergyPlus_Support] Basic instructions for Energy Plus

Hello.

I would like to learn how to use Energy Plus.  What is the best starting
point?  I would like to start with a very simple, single-zone building,
write my own input file, run the program, and examine the output.  I have
downloaded the Getting Started guide, but it doesn't seem to explain plainly
enough how to create an input file.  Are there any other, more fundamental
resources to learn how to use E+?

Thanks in advance.
Wayne Bader

Your opinion is very important to us!