Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Calpas3

At 12:06 PM 5/31/02, aescobar02 wrote:
>We have a bunch of simulations using the (really) old Caplpas3
>program, to analyze how different wall systems (Adobe, Rammed Earth,
>Strawbale, wood-frame) affect the energy performance of a model
>house.
>
>My questions:
>is it possible to do this in EnergyPlus?

EnergyPlus uses the basic thermal properties of walls -- so, yes, it should
be possible to do this.

>Assuming that the answer is yes, how easy would it be convert the
>Calpas3 parameter files to Energyplus format?

This -- I have no idea.  EnergyPlus has a simple, ASCII format for
describing the building.  You can download some of the documentation from
the EnergyPlus web site: www.energyplus.gov  and that may help you.  I am
not familar at all with the Calpas3 format.  Can you convert Calpas3 files
to DOE-2 perhaps -- EnergyPlus comes with a DOE-2 translator as well as a
BLAST translator (though it's unlikely there will be a Calpas3 => BLAST
converter).

Linda

Tied to your PC? Cut Loose and
Stay connected with Yahoo! Mobile