[EnergyPlus_Support] material thickness - why not specify as surface prop?

As a new casual user, please excuse me if I am wrong:

Suggestion: instead of specifying material thickness as a subset of
the "Material" group, why not specify it as part of each "Surface?"
That way we could specify the properties of generic materials
(sheetrock, concrete, etc.) and then specify different thicknesses
for different surfaces (1/2" or 3/4" plywood for example).

Thanks for your insight!

-SEPHIR

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!