Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Model Underfloor Air Distribution?

Hello,

We looked at using 2 zones to simulate the stratification, this is roughly
how we had proceeded.  I believe we even hooked up the second zone on the
Return Air Path of the first zone; this can be verified using the node
debug report and the *.bnd node name file.  This does give you another zone
temperature lag, but the flow is the amount that the system is supplying
even for variable flow configurations.  We assigned the height for each
zone and scheduled loads as appropriate, and put all the windows in the
lower zone.  You do have to completely specify the geometry for both zones
which is more tedious.  We even put in a surface between the zones that was
highly conductive.

Our biggest problem is that we could not setup a surface between the zones
that would allow the participation of radiation transfer from the surfaces
and loads between the 2 zones.  We did experiment with combinations of
properties on the surface for both short and long wave radiation.  We were
trying to setup conditions that would absorb radiation from one side and
re-radiate some of that energy on the other side of the surface.  Our
problem is that we could not verify the results even though we did get some
results that looked interesting.  But, there are some additional
possibilities that you could pursue.

Thanks Richard Liesen

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!