Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about "People latent"

At 06:14 AM 8/22/2002, you wrote:
I read the below article in regard to people latent heat gain.
But, i wondered about a latent load of people as before.
How does a ratio between a sensible load and a latent loade
determinate in the EnergyPlus?
do you refer a ashrae data or calculate a latent load according to
human's activity ?
Please..

I am working on the Engineering Doc write up for this.  It's out for review right now and I should be able to post it (attachment as a Microsoft Word article) in the next day or so.

The sensible load calculation is based on a correlation fit to data published in the 1965 Handbook of Air Conditioning System Design published by Carrier.  The latent is then the total - sensible.  "a fit to the data at average adjusted metabolic rates of 350, 400, 450, 500, 750, 850, 1000, and 1450 Btu/h each at temperatures 70, 75, 78, 80, 82 F.  Sensible gains of 0 at 96 F and sensible gains equal to the metabolic rate at 30 F were assumed in order to give reasonable values beyond the reported temperature range."

Hope this helps until the excerpt is given.

Linda