Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Flexible Simulation Preriod Question

At 04:17 PM 9/11/2002, Edward Lyon wrote:
I think some additional flexibility is required in the calculation input time ranges.  I agree that it does not make sense to me to run some short, off hour calculations.  The program could do just as well modeling midnight to midnight.  Any input changes could go into schedules and all program output by hour or time step is still there.  However, if one is trying to study just the winter operation of a northern hemisphere project, you are forced to run a whole year simulation because the program will not run past December into the next year......

That is not intentional.  You should be able to specify:

Run Period from 1 december through 31 march for example even though your weather file does not have that as its data period.

You can also choose to report only specific time slices throughout the day.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team