[EnergyPlus_Support] Simulation

Dear Sir/Madam

I am modelling a zone with an internal load of 1000W and a constant external temperature. Setting the field “Temperature Convergence Tolerance Value” in the building object to 100 °C produces a start temperature which almost equals the external temperature: this sounds quite reasonable. On the other hand, if the mentioned field is set to 0.4 °C the start temperature is roughly 40 °C: in my opinion this far too high. In both cases temperature values converge in the middle of the simulation period is the same (i.e. about 1 month).

I wonder what effects the “temperature convergence tolerance value” has on the simulation. What value is recommended? Why does my simulation behave like this?

I would appreciate your comments.

Regards

Alexander Beisteiner

alexander.beisteiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx