Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] IR Hemispherical Emissivity

No.  "IR Hemispherical Emissivity" is a surface property which
applies to longwave (infrared, IR) radiant exchange.  If I understand
your question correctly, you are trying to set absorption of energy
within the glass thickness to zero.  For longwave infrared, this
property is controlled by "IR Transmittance at Normal Incidence".

Mike

On 21 Oct 2002, at 15:01, Alexander Beisteiner wrote:

> Dear Madam/Sir
> With reference to the field "IR Hemispherical Emissivity" in the
> object Material:WindowGlass, may I assume that emissivity equals
> absorbtion. If I want to set absorption coefficients for glass zero,
> may I set the fields for front and back side zero?
>
> Alexander Beisteiner
> __________________________________
> alexander.beisteiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Forschungs- und Technologietransfer