Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Glazing Construction

If you are running a design day, the LOCATION object controls the
latitude and longitude.  The weather file is ignored if your run has
only design days and no run period.  In the design day object, the
clearness field controls the solar radiation along with the latitude
and longitude from the location object.

Mike

On 12 Dec 2002, at 17:16, Han Yan wrote:

> I used design day for my case. But there is no input
> of solar radiaion for the users to define. And it
> seems that the weather data make no difference if I
> select Chicago or San Francisco.
>
> So where can I find the design day default solar data?

> --- Edward Lyon <eglyon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The calculations in WINDOW 5 use a fixed value for
> > solar radiation at a normal incidence to the window.
> >  The EnergyPlus solar radiation is variable and
> > typically not normal to the surface.  The solar
> > radiation in EnergyPlus varies with the day's
> > weather and the incident angle.  Clear glass will
> > reflect and absorb different amounts of solar
> > radiation depending on the incident angle.  The most
> > likely cause of the calculation differences you
> > observe is the actual difference in solar radiation
> > between the two calculations.  It would also be very
> > difficult to identically correlate the two
> > calculations because of the difference between a
> > WINDOW 5 steady state calculation and an EnergyPlus
> > transient calculation.
> >
> > Ned Lyon
> >
> > Senior Staff Engineer
> > Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
> >
> > 41 Seyon Street
> > Building #1, Suite 500
> > Waltham, MA  02453
> >
> > Phone:  781-907-9000
> > Fax:  781-907-9009

> http://mailplus.yahoo.com

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM