Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Control Type Objects

I like to think of this in terms of my thermostat at home.
Single Heating: I went to the thermostat at some time in the Fall and
clicked it to heating and set the temperature.  This will only give me
heating no matter how hot it gets in the zone there will be no cooling.

Single Cooling: Just like the heating mode above, but for cooling.  Not
matter how cold it gets in the zone it will not heat.

Single Heating Cooling: This thermostat has both heating and cooling modes
available, but there is only 1 setpoint available.  This could be used in a
system such as the Dual Duct Multizone  or a VAV where there is heating and
cooling available and you want to keep 74F in the zone.  Part of the time
it could be cooling and other times it could be heating to maintain that
single setpoint.

Dual Setpoint with DeadBand:  This should be self-explanatory by
now.  There is a heating setpoint and a cooling setpoint and they do not
have to be the same value.  They are typically set apart by several degrees.

You need to use either the Single Heating Cooling or the Dual Setpont with
Deadband.  Both have heating and cooling available and you have to decide
what scenario you are trying to simulate.

Of course all can be scheduled for different time of the year and if a
person was so inclined they could use and schedule all 4 types in one large
control scenario.  I do not know why, but you could.

Thanks
Dr. Richard Liesen
Associate Director, Building Systems Laboratory
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering

At 04:02 PM 12/13/2002, alexander.beisteiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Dear Sir/Madam
>Although Í studied the E+ manual I am not quite sure about the different
>types of the control type object?
>What exactly does a single heating, single cooling , single heating
>cooling and dual setpoint with deadband do?
>I would like to control the temperature in a room and would like to have
>the possibility of cooling and heating at the same time throughout a year
>of simulation.
>What control types do I have to use, respectively what should the control
>type schedules look like?
>
>I would appreciate your help.
>
>Kind regards.
>Alexander

>Alexander Beisteiner
>Forschungs- und Technologietransfer
>Pinkafeld GmbH
>Steinamangerstrasse 21
>7423 Pinkafeld
>
>Tel.: 0043/3357/45370-1324
>alexander.beisteiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>http://www.fh-pinkafeld.ac.at

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:
>
>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
>folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM