[EnergyPlus_Support] Weather Details

Hi,
     I want to create weather file(*.epw) for a place to check my calculations.So,Can you send the details of all the data required for creating weather file.I got the information of TMY2format from their site but EnergyPlus weather format is different from that of TMY2 format.
          So,Please send all the inputs or field specifications required as given in the weather file for EnergyPlus.
     Secondly,I made my *.idf file for my design.After simulation,following errors came.
** Warning ** Object = RUNPERIOD,entered with less than minimum number of fields.
** Warning ** Blank name for OutsideFaceEnvironment Object,in surface=wall4
** ~~~ ** Resetting this surface to be an internal zone surface,zone=ROOM1
** Warning ** NO OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE LIST in input.
** Warning **  Plant loops not found in Plant loop manager.
** Warning ** Condenser loops not found in Condenser loop manager.
         please tell, how these errors can be removed
                     waiting for the reply...
                                                                           divyang
 Drury.Crawley@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:The weather data are now all available...the
problem has been fixed.  Here's the links again:

US Weather Data Sets

      CTZ   (700 KB ) --  California Thermal Zones, TMY format source, 4
locations not updated by CTZ2 or TMY2
http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/us/zip/CTZ_EnergyPlus_Weather.zip

      CTZ2 (2.9 MB) -- California Thermal Zones 2, WYEC2 format
http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/californiaclimatezones/zip/CTZ2_EnergyPlus_Weather.zip

      TMY (14.7 MB) -- Typical Meteorological Year, 40 locations not
updated by TMY2
http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/us/zip/TMY_EnergyPlus_Weather.zip

      TMY2 -- Typical Meteorological Year 2  (in 3 parts, each 18-19 MB)
http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/us/zip/TMY2_EnergyPlus_Weather_part1.zip
http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/us/zip/TMY2_EnergyPlus_Weather_part2.zip
http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/us/zip/TMY2_EnergyPlus_Weather_part3.zip

Canadian Weather Data

      CWEC (11.6 MB)- Canadian Weather for Energy Calculations, WYEC2
format source
http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/canada/zip/CWEC_EnergyPlus_Weather.zip

----- Forwarded by Drury Crawley/EE/DOE on 12/23/2002 01:55 PM -----

                      Drury Crawley
                                               To:       EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      12/23/2002 09:32         cc:
                      AM                       Subject:  Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Bundled EnergyPlus
                                                weather data for download

Sorry--it appears that some of the ZIPs didn't
get published, specifically the TMY2 and CTZ2.
I will send out a notice when they go live.

Dru Crawley

----- Forwarded by Drury Crawley/EE/DOE on 12/23/2002 09:32 AM -----

                      Drury Crawley
                                               To:      EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      12/20/2002 05:34         cc:
                      PM                       Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Bundled EnergyPlus
                                               weather data for download(Document link: Drury Crawley)

We would also recommend that you download
the new data if you have been using TMY, CWEC
or CTZ2) source format files.

We found an error in the translation of the present
weather codes.  This can affect results if you are
using the CWEC, CTZ, CTZ2 or TMY format files.

The TMY2 and IWEC files are OK.

The EnergyPlus Team

                      Drury.Crawley@ee.
                      doe.gov                  To:       EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               cc:
                      12/20/2002 05:26         Subject:  [EnergyPlus_Support] Bundled EnergyPlus weather
                      PM                        data for download
                      Please respond to
                      EnergyPlus_Suppor

To the EnergyPlus yahoo groups,

A number of you have asked if there's a way to download all
the weather data at once rather than single files.  With the recent
update, we've uploaded ZIPs of all the major sources--except
the IWEC.  (Our license with ASHRAE doesn't allow us to bundle
all the IWEC data together.)

Since a single file containing all the other weather locations would
be more than 100 MB, we've broken it down by the source (CTZ, CTZ2,
CWEC, TMY, TMY2).  Each ZIP file below is less than 20 MB. The data
set for TMY2 was too large for a single file--so we've broken it into
three parts (roughly states beginning with A-I, J-O, P-Z respectively).

Enjoy!

The EnergyPlus team

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/californiaclimatezone/zip/CTZ2_EnergyPlus_Weather.zip

      TMY (14.7 MB) -- Typical Meteorological Year, 40 locations not
updated by TMY2

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/us/zip/TMY_EnergyPlus_Weather.zip

      TMY2 -- Typical Meteorological Year 2  (in 3 parts, each 18-19 MB)

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/us/zip/TMY2_EnergyPlus_Weather_part1.zip

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/us/zip/TMY2_EnergyPlus_Weather_part2.zip

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/us/zip/TMY2_EnergyPlus_Weather_part3.zip

Canadian Weather Data

      CWEC (11.6 MB)- Canadian Weather for Energy Calculations, WYEC2
format source

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/weatherdata/canada/zip/CWEC_EnergyPlus_Weather.zip

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

I WANT, I DESERVE & I CAN

Divyang Sharma

Hostel-4, Room No.-386, IITBombay ,Powai,Mumbai-76

Tel - 91-22-5720194,1008(Hostel) // 91-22-5722545 Ext.-7378,7388(Lab)

 Email- divyang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             divyangsharma@xxxxxxxxx

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM