Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Purchased Air & Humidity

Hello,
To answer your question quickly, it is no.  Purchased Air does not have the
capability to control the humidity ratio at its exit and the exiting
humidity ratio is specified in the input file.  Purchased Air adjusts the
capacity of either its heating or cooling at a given leaving humidity
ratio.  Purchased Air was intended to be a sizing component.

To attain humidity control you would have to specify a system such as the
"Desiccant Constant Volume Reheat System".  This is DesiccantCVRh.idf in
our test suite.

Thanks
Dr. Richard Liesen
Associate Director, Building Systems Laboratory
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering