Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Constant Air Velocity

The air flow rates inputs are volumetric flow rate (m3/s) at 20C and
1.204 kg/m3.  The EnergyPlus output variables that you are selecting are

mass flow rates (kg/s) at the actual air density.  So, the mass flow
rate output values you see will be about 20% larger than the volumetric
flow rate that you input.

In the object CONTROLLER:OUTSIDE AIR, you set the minimum outside air
flow rate to 1.88 m3/s and the maximum to 2 m3/s.  When I reset the
minimum outside air flow rate to 2 m3/s (same as the max), I see 2.35489

kg/s at OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE ZONE001:System Node
MassFlowRate[kg/s](Hourly), and the same mass flow rate at ZONE001 INLET

NODE:System Node MassFlowRate[kg/s](Hourly).  I assume this is what you
wanted to model (100% outside air with no recirculation air from ZONE
1).

Franz Muller wrote:

>  Dear all,
>
> You have helped me modelling a simple HVAC and now I want to set the
> air
> velocity to become 2m³/s for one zone. I used a supply fan with
> constant volume
> and set there as main flow 2m³/s. I did this too at the direct air,
> the
> branch, the air primary loop, outside air controller and the air to
> air heat
> exchanger.
>
> But my air velocity is not 2m³/s, it's higher and there is a
> difference
> between the loops. After the OA Mixing Box it´ s higher than from
> fresh air. I
> never told the system to mix fresh air with stagnant air. How can I
> fix the
> rate? Does anybody else have such a problem? You can look at my
> modell. It's
> situated at
>
> ttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/files/Problem_Submittals/Franz_Muller/5581-HVAC_01-cor.idf
> .
>
> Kind regards
>
> Franz
>
> --
> ++ + GMX - Mail, Messaging & more  http://www.gmx.net +++
> NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Rund um die Uhr für 1 ct/ Min. surfen!

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM