Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] pump output

Chaoqin:

Thank you for pointing this out.  This is a bug.  The GSHP does not
report any summed energy use variables and is not currently connected
to any meters.

To determine the GSHP energy use, you will need to use report
variables "GSHP COOLING Power" and "GSHP HEATING Power" which are
both rates reported in [W].  These values are average power use over
the reporting period.  If you report hourly, then multiply the
reported value by 1hr and you have Wh.  If you report monthly, then
you need to multiply each value by the corresponding number of hours
in each month to get Wh.  After the values are converted to Wh, then
you can sum them for the year or whatever period you are interested
in.

Mike

On 15 May 2003, at 14:31, zhaicq98 wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I simulated a building with ground source heat pump as the cooling and
> heating plant. To my surprise, the output on electricity:plant is the
> same as electricity:pump. Is it to say the electricity consumption of
> heat pump is also included in the pump energy consumption, just like
> conventional water pump?
>
> Thanks,
> Chaoqin

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx