Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Looking for Stack Ventilation Example

Hannah,

COMIS, and its implementation in EnergyPlus, can simulate your case as long as the openings at the top and bottom of the
atrium are vertical. You can model the openings as windows or doors. The openings can also be controlled according to an
inside-air-temperature ventilation set point and inside/outside temperature difference (see EnergyPlus IO Reference Manual).
You can, in fact, have multiple openings at the bottom, at the top, and even in between if you want. We do not have an
EnergyPlus example of your particular case, but perhaps other EnergyPlus users can help.

I'm not familiar with PASSPORT-AIR  or AIOLOS.

Fred Winkelmann

Han Yan wrote:

> I am about to model a 6-story natural ventilation
> atrium. The ventilation will be driven by stack effect
> and also wind effect. Is COMIS is good at this? What I
> heard before is that PASSPORT-AIR is good at stack
> ventilation, and COMIS is good at cross-ventilation
> through cracks. Is there example available in COMIS
> model?
>
> If so, is there are anyone knows whether AIOLOS, which
> is based on PASSPORT-AIR, has the samiliar effect?
>
> Hannah

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/dkFolB/TM