Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How PV Works in E+?

EnergyPlus does not currently have the ability to automatically
calculate the thermal effects on PV power generation.

The PV model in EnergyPlus uses the Nominal Operating Cell
Temperature (NOCT) method for calculating cell temperature at
different ambient conditions, but a NIST paper indicates that this is
not very accurate for insulated panels.  One would specify a higher
NOCT cell temperature in the EnergyPlus input for a panel which is
mounted on the building facade rather than exposed on a rack mount.
Here are links to a couple of papers on the subject:

http://www.fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/build02/PDF/b02013.pdf

http://www.fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/build01/PDF/b01037.pdf

Mike

On 13 Jun 2003, at 10:13, lee wrote:

> I would like to check the thermal effect on Photovotaics integrated in
> building.
>
> I read the PV section of the manual of Energy plus, but I could not
> find any mention about thermal effect of it. The efficiency of
> generating electricity might drop when you install PV on the double
> leaf facade.
>
> Has anybody tried to model a building integrated PV and check the
> change of the efficiency?
>
> Can Energy Plus do that?
>

> Byungyun Lee

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchMobileComputing.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchMobileComputing.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ZyjvfD/PLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM