Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How Thermal Mass Works in E+?

If you use an HVAC system to force the nighttime ventilation, you can
use the CeilingDiffuser option for INSIDE CONVECTION ALGORITHM to
alter the convection coefficients based on airflow in the space.

If you use other means to introduce the ventilation air, you are
correct that there would be no automatic adjustment of convection
coefficients.  If this is important, you could predetermine the
appropriate values for convection coefficients and assign them by
schedule using the ConvectionCoefficients object.

Mike

On 16 Jun 2003, at 9:34, Hannah Yan wrote:

> But as E+ does not model air velocity variance in the
> natural ventilation room, I am wondering how accurate
> it would be for night ventilation and/or daytime.
>
> Hannah
>

> --- "Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, EnergyPlus can model this.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> > On 11 Jun 2003, at 18:10, Hannah Yan wrote:
> >
> > > I want to model a natural ventilation building,
> > and
> > > try to see how much thermal mass is optimum for
> > that
> > > climate. I would like to see the night ventilation
> > > effect, and how the higher or lower surface
> > > temperature would affect thermal comfort during
> > the
> > > day.
> > >
> > > Is E+ capable of doing this?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Hannah

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchSecurity.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchSecurity.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ayjvfD/QLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM