Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Managing output files

Rajendra:

You can use "rvi" files to select which variables are written to a
given csv file.  Using a command (DOS) prompt, you can run the
EnergyPlus postprocessing program, ReadVarsESO multiple times from
the same simulation output file.  For more details, please see the
Intput Output Reference starting at p. 651.  This explains the
contents of the rvi file.

To run ReadVarsESO multiple times on the same output file, you will
either need to modify EPL-Run.bat (this is the batch file that is run
by EP-Launch) or write your own batch file.

Mike

On 26 Jun 2003, at 17:30, Rajendra Adhikari wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> We are simulating a large building with 350 windows and more than 400
> walls. My problem is that how to manage the output because when I open
> the output file in excel, I am able to see limited outputs (because of
> the limitation of excel).
>
> Can anybody tell me how to create more than one output files and to
> define the desired outputs only.
>
> For example I am trying to get the values of direct solar radiation in
> these 350 windows, pl. tell me how to define this in Energy Plus.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Rajendra

> ------- Rajendra S. Adhikari, PhD Dept. Building Environment Sciences
> & Technology (BEST) Politecnico di Milano via Bonardi 3 20133 Milano,
> ITALIA TEL: +39-02-2399-7257 FAX: +39-02-2399-7255
> EMAIL:rajendra.adhikari@xxxxxxxxx
> -------

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchNetworking.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchNetworking.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YyjvfD/OLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM