Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] (unknown)

On 8 Sep 2003, at 14:37, jgrenha wrote:

> Being E+ a dynamic software, is it reasonable to give it in the
> schedule for example 1 day for each month of the year? How does the
> software initiate the routine?

My apologies for the delayed reply.  Each run period is initialized
by repeating the first day of the run period until the changes are
less than the tolerances specified in the BUILDING object.  Running
just 1 day per month can be done, but selecting the appropriate
conditions for that day would depend on what you are trying to learn
from you simulation.

> I would also like to know if the sum of all "Total internal *** Gain"
> variables would give me the internal duty of the considered zone.

In general, this is true.  But remember that the radiant and visible
fractions of internal gains are absorbed by surfaces and there may be
a significant time lag before they actually become an HVAC load.

> Thank you very much in advance
>
> João Grenha

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support