[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: weather files types

As documented in AuxiliaryPrograms.pdf (installed when you install
EnergyPlus), tne Weather Converter will read SAMSON, TMY2, WYEC2,
and IWEC, and TMY as well as ESP-r (CLM format), DOE-2 (fmt format)
and BLAST (ASCII format) files (see Table 2 on page 17 of
AuxiliaryPrograms.pdf).  The sources of these formats (and their
format) are described on the EnergyPlus weather data page:
www.energyplus.gov/weatherdata_sources.html

So, yes, if your TMY is the same format as the US TMYs from the
1970s, then the WeatherConverter will put it in the correct format.

NOTE--the file must have solar radiation data as the weather
converter does not calculate that data.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Jones <cj@c...>
wrote:
> Check out the weather converter that comes with EnergyPlus.  Look
in the
> EnergyPlus\PerProcess\WeatherConverter directory.
> It will convert tmy to e+ format.
>

> >What are the weather file types does e+ can deal with (ecxept
IWEC)?

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM