Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about materials

Material:Regular-R has no thermal mass, so there is no storage of heat in the
surface materials.  It is rarely proper to have an building which is entirely
constructed of this type of material.  Material:Regular does have thermal mass.
 So you should see some time lag in the building response to outside weather
when using Material:Regular.

Mike

On 21 Nov 2003, at 10:09, Cristina Castaño/LABEIN wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are working with an example of a building and we have used the same
> example with the following variations:
>
> - In one of them we have used the type Material: Regular for describing the
> materials of the layers - In the other one we have used the type Material:
> Regular-R
>

> The difference between them is very important and we need to know why this
> occur.
>

> Best regards,
> Cristina.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511