Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heat transfer on an open door.

A door subsurface in EnergyPlus will function as a heat transfer surface for
the entire simulation.  This does not change when COMIS models the door as
open.  The only information that COMIS passes to the main EnergyPlus heat
balance simulation is flow rates for infiltration and mixing (flow from one
zone to another).  So the heat transfer between the two spaces will be slightly
overcounted during the open door condition.

The only mechanism for changing the properties of a heat transfer surface is to
use Movable Insulation.  Movable Insulation is typically applied to an exterior
surface.  I have to check whether it can be used on a surface between zones.

Mike

On 3 Dec 2003, at 16:51, Joe Huang wrote:

> Picky, picky.  I don't know the answer to this, but others in the EnergyPlus
> Development must : does EnergyPlus allow users to input a schedule for heat
> transfer surface properties such as conductance, area ?
>
> Joe

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx