Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: TMY2 from RAW weather data

Yes I do have the dry bulb temp and the relative humidity. I also need the wet bulb temp to be printed to a separate file along with the dry bulb temp and the RH , so they can be used for another application. Could you please also give some info about the METEONORM.
Thanks
Mohammed

drury.crawley@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:There is a methodology but not software to help you select data for
a TMY2-type file.  The TMY2 report describes how they selected the
months.  Similar work was done for the IWEC by ASHRAE.  The TMY2
report is available on the web:
http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/old_data/nsrdb/tmy2/

The IWEC report, for research project 1015-RP is available from
ASHRAE.

By the way, the ASHRAE Technical Committee which sponsored
development of the IWEC recommends that you start with 10 years of
data from which to chose your months.

On the wetbulb question, do you have other humidity elements such as
dewpoint, relative humidity or humidity ratio?  If so, the
EnergyPlus weatherconverter will calculate wet bulb.

Dru

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mohammed AlZain
<energizeralzain2000@y...> wrote:
> Hi Linda
> I have Weather data for 12 stations 365 Days/yaer  5 minutes
intervals (7-10 years for each Station) I would like to treat these
files to produce 1TMY2 file for each station Is there any package /
software that can help me do so. These Files do not contain the wet
bulb values how can I generate the wet bulb values from the rest of
the weather data . Also there are some other areas (towns ) of
Interest for which there is no weather data  . In one of your
resopnces you mentioned METEONORM , how can that be used to generate
weather data for a given location

> Thanks
> M.A.ALZAIN
>
> Linda Lawrie <linda@l...> wrote:
> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM