Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] User Interface

As of December 2003, this is the current status of EnergyPlus interface development:

-- Ecotect
Ecotect is a conceptual design tool with a 3-D design interface which can export to EnergyPlus format.

http://www.squ1.com/ecotect/ecotect-home.html

-- DesignBuilder,
DesignBuilder is a software tool for assessing and creating building designs.  The EnergyPlus module provides access to most of the EnergyPlus fabric, ventilation, lighting and solar modelling capabilities. Heating and cooling loads can be easily modelled using the "purchased air" system type, or you can enter your own EnergyPlus script to access more advanced HVAC modelling capabilities.   In beta... available upon request

http://www.designbuilder.co.uk

-- DrawBDL
Originally written for viewing building geometry in DOE-2 input files that can now convert the building geometry portion of DOE-2 input files to EnergyPlus format

http://www.drawbdl.com/

-- TSe+Mat and TSe+Glz
TSe+Mat manages the material inputs for  EnergyPlus.  TSe+Glz allows the users to create/edit and manage the glass/gas/blinds/shade component properties of windows and their construction. Users can export the selected component/construction into an IDF compliant format, for use in an E+ input file conveniently.

http://www.tse-inc.net/tseplus

-- EnergyGauge from FSEC
EnergyGauge allows simple yet detailed performance-based analysis of building energy use and economic analysis of proposed energy improvements. EnergyPlus running from EnergyGauge input was demonstrated in January 2003 and is expected to be available in 2004.

http://energygauge.com/

-- as yet unnamed tool
Funded to extend TREAT into indoor air quality/natural ventilation for residential buildings.  From web site:  "We are developing a graphical user interface for the U.S. Department of Energy's new EnergyPlus program.  Available in 2004."

http://www.taitem.com/index.cfm/page/software.energyplus.htm

-- as yet unnamed tool
Tool from GeoPraxis to write EnergyPlus building envelope and internal loads(?)