Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Cooling rate during the summer

Markus:

The typical winter design day assumption is that there is no solar
radiation present.  This is typically done for sizing purposes since a
heating system would need to account for days when little or no solar
radiation was present.  This assumption is not built into EnergyPlus
though--it is a function of the design day definition.  You can add solar
radiation to your winter design day by modifying the sky clearness of your
design day definition.  A sky clearness of 0 means no solar radiation while
a value of 1 means clear sky (full solar) conditions.  Naturally, you will
want to run your file with a weather file at some point to see how things
respond to changing weather/seasons.

Rick Strand

At 05:49 AM 3/15/2004, you wrote:
>Hi, I run a simulation with purchased air to receive the heating and
>cooling rates. My model is a conservatory (large glass surfaces). I
>get cooling rates for the summer but non cooling rates for the
>winter. But the sun radiation into the ZONE produces temperatures of
>40°C in the ZONE and in the winter (I did measurements).
>I need a cooling rate in the winter to calculate the mass of
>required phase change materials to store/release the heat.
>Is the EnergyPlus calculation for the WinterDesignDay without sun
>radiation?
>Thanks Markus
>

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:
>
>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
>folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

>  -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of
> the Support Web Site.
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

Upgrade to 128-bit SSL Security!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LPJzrA/yjVHAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.