[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EPW N26 N27 Present Weather Observation/Codes meaning ?

In the weatherobservationcodes.pdf
Table B-1 Field 114 Value=0 means weather observation made.
This is saying that in EPW, N26=0 means weather observation made.
(Y/N)?
If weather observation not made or missing, then E+ will interpolate
from the adjacent hour data.(Y/N)?
=======
For the N27 \field Present Weather Code
The pdf says [The TMY2s use a ten digit number], so for example,
N27=1E+09 make sense. However, N27 in the same weather file does
change !! What does this mean then?
-----
I guess this ten digit number is just an ID string, it's "used
directly in the EnergyPlus program" but it's NOT used mathematically
in the EnergyPlus program. In other words, N27 does not participate
in E+ math calc like the N6/Tdb(Dry-bulb temp) does.(Y/N)?

Thanks again.

> In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Drury.Crawley@e... wrote:
> I have uploaded a document
> with the codes under files on the EnergyPlus_Support
> site on YahooGroups
> (look for weatherobservationcodes.pdf).
> These are the same codes used in the TMY2 and IWEC
> formats.

>> E+ pdf documentation says the data in EPW weather files
>> N26, \field Present Weather Observation
>> N27, \field Present Weather Code
>> are used directly in the EnergyPlus program.
>>
>> I took a look at a weather file and
>> N26 = 0
>> N27 = 1E+09 (mostly)
>>
>> Is there some more explanation about these two fields ?
>> Thanks.

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.