Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] entering residential thermal distribution efficiency

>From what I gather in the InputOutput reference and Engineering Document, the new Air Distribution System essentially can completely replace COMIS in creating an air flow network throughout the building and is even better since it can include the effect of mechanical ventilation. Am I wrong in this assumption.  If I redue my entire COMIS inputs into ADS and include my system and duct information, the model can calculate the air flow due to infiltration and air circulation.  Conversely, is ADS just specified to incorporate the effect of duct leakage and COMIS can still be used seperately to determine the effect of infiltration.  In other words, when using ADS, should it completely replace COMIS or can you use them both: ADS for duct loss calculations and COMIS for infiltration effects.

Thanks
Ian
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Linda Lawrie
  To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 2:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] entering residential thermal distribution efficiency

  A feature just added in V1.2.0 should help you a lot!

  Take a look at the ADS objects, IO Ref description and Engineering Doc
  explanation.  ADS -- Air Distribution System.  There is also a residential
  example file (ADSModel_House_1.idf) that should help get you started.

  At 11:27 AM 4/21/2004, Ian Doebber wrote:
  >I am trying to figure out how to best incorporate duct losses using energy
  >plus in my model of a typical residential home with all the ducts located
  >within an unconditioned basement.  For starters, I am going to

  Linda

  EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
  Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
  Member: EnergyPlus Development Team