  From: Michael J. Witte
  To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 5:12 PM
  Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] simulating Duct efficiency without ADS model

  One way to model a simple duct loss is to add a DIRECT AIR terminal unit that
  dumps a specified flow into an attic or basement zone, or a dummy zone.  The
  receiving zone must has a return connection to statisfy the air loop structure.
  If you expect the air to be lost, then it must be balanced with an equal
  amount of outside makeup air in the system.

  Mike

  On 25 Apr 2004, at 12:17, Ian Doebber wrote:

  > I checked out the new Air Distribution System with the latest version of Energy
  > Plus for modeling of duct efficiency.  I am going to give it a try but was also
  > wondering whether there were a simple way to model a 80% duct efficiency.  How
  > can I model my air distribution system and then thermal distribution system for
  > a heat pump and then a furnace/CAC system and incorporate these duct losses.
  >
  > Thanks
  > Ian Doebber
  > Graduate Student
  > Virginia Tech