Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Comfort conditions in an outdoor porch - Strategy ?

santosh:
you don't need COMIS. i'd suggest you use the Simple Ventilation command. you can specify a fixed volume of 'outside air' flowing through the porch. just make sure to accurately input the thermal characteristics of the heavy mass surfaces in contact with this space, i.e. floor slabs, walls, additional thermal mass (if any), etc. plus supplementary loads if any.
this should get you the 'comfort conditons' for the space. the MRT output should help in addition to zone temp.
~m

santosh_philip <santosh_philip@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I trying to find out the comfort conditions on an outdoor porch in a
straw bale
building. What times of the year and what times of the day is it
comfortable. If it is
out of the comfort range, what are the factors that make it so

what strategy do I use to model this ?

- model the porch as a zone with no systems
- give a value for air changes (this value will be fudged)

Would this work?
it doesn't take into account air movement on the body
(will COMIS help in this - I have not used COMIS before)

Am I going about this the right way .... Are there other ways of
approaching this
problem

Any advice will be appreciated

Santosh Philip