Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Number of surface.

Hi,

i had the same 2 warnings as you do:

** Warning ** Roof/Ceiling Tilt=90.0, much greater than expected
tilt of 0, for Surface=ZN002:ROOF003, in Zone=ATTIC ZONE
** Warning ** Roof/Ceiling Tilt=90.0, much greater than expected
tilt of 0, for Surface=ZN002:ROOF004, in Zone=ATTIC ZONE

I solve them changing the coordinates

e.g.

vertex 1 x: 10            vertex 1 y: 3          vertex 1 z: 2

vertex 2 x: 10            vertex 2 y: 4           vertex 2 z:2

vertex 3 x:12             vertex 3 y:4            vertex 3 z:2

vertex 4 x:12             vertex 4 y:3            vertex 4 z:2

Change to:

vertex 1 x: 10            vertex 1 y: 3          vertex 1 z: 2

vertex 2 x: 12            vertex 2 y: 3           vertex 2 z:2

vertex 3 x: 12             vertex 3 y:4            vertex 3 z:2

vertex 4 x:10             vertex 4 y:4            vertex 4 z:2

I hope you understand what i mean with this.

Sorry, but i don´t know how to solve your last warning.

I hope i am been usefull.

best regards

Leila Félix Henriques

change to:

indoman1611 <alsit303@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi,

I have solved a residential house with attic zone. However, it gives
me warnings as follow:

** Warning ** Roof/Ceiling Tilt=90.0, much greater than expected
tilt of 0, for Surface=ZN002:ROOF003, in Zone=ATTIC ZONE
** Warning ** Roof/Ceiling Tilt=90.0, much greater than expected
tilt of 0, for Surface=ZN002:ROOF004, in Zone=ATTIC ZONE
** Warning ** The total number of floors, walls, roofs and internal
mass surfaces in Zone ATTIC ZONE is < 6.
** ~~~ ** This may cause an inaccurate zone heat balance
calculation.
Roof 3 and roof 4 are triangular sections of typical residential
house with an attic zone. The total number of the wall, floor, etc
are less then 6 how ever, but the zone is enclosed.Two slanted
surface, two triangular sections and a floor/patition. I uploaded
files under Residential IDF.zip in Problem_Submittals folder.

How do I take care of these warning? Are these warning going to
produce false results?

Thank you,

Albert