    From: zhaicq98
    To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 8:30 AM
    Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] please help with modeling of roof top unit

    Hi,

    I am trying to simulate a roof top unit, which includes a DX cooling
    coil, heating coil and variable speed fan. I am always getting a lots
    of warning messages, which
    said "COIL:DX:COOLINGBYPASSFACTOREMPIRICAL "MAIN COOLING COIL 1" -
    Air volume flow rate per watt of rated total cooling capacity is out
    of range." I checked the input output reference, and understood that
    there is a range for this factor. The range is from 0.00004699 to
    0.00006041 (m3/s)/W. The rated capacity of my DX coil is 20000 W, and
    the rated air flow rate is 1.1 m3/s, resulting in a factor inside the
    required range.

    I am modeling a VAV system, and the design flow rate of the system is
    1.1 m3/s. I set the minimum flow fraction of the system to be 0.3.
    Thus the actual flow rate of the system could go beyond the range
    required by the DX coil, when the system is operating. If I have to
    stick to the range, then the actual flow rate of my system can only
    vary between 0.00004699*1.1 = 0.94 and 0.00006041*1.1 = 1.21 m3/s. I
    think this is not a real VAV system performs.

    Can anyone tell me whether these warning messages matter or not? In
    addition, what is the proper way to deal with the system I am
    modeling?

    Thanks a lot for your help.

    -Chaoqin

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor