Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] one about vav system

This behavior indicates the coil is not large enough.  Suggestions:

1.  Make sure the OA flow rate and the supply air temperatures in teh ZONE
SIZING and SYSTEM SIZING objects are consistent with the simulation OA flow and
temperature setpoints.

2.  Use COIL:Water:DetailedFlatCooling, do not use COIL:Water:SimpleCooling.

If this does not fix the problem, please upload the input file to the files
area in the Yahoo group or e-mail zipped idf to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx.

Mike

On 24 Jun 2004, at 16:24, Xu H.T wrote:

>   Like the following email.
>
>   I do a simulation for VAV system. The design day is used for sizing of zone,
>   system and plant. I set the supply air temperature to 19C. I find with the
>   design day simulation, the supply air temperature isn't 19 (20.5 actually) and
>   the air flowrate is constant. However, for the run period simulation, the
>   supply air temperature is actually 19 and the supply air flowrate is also
>   constant. Why? Any suggestion for this problem. Thanks.
>
>   Xu

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx