[EnergyPlus_Support] Converting STAT weather files from website to EPW

Hi,

I'm new to energyplus and I have been having some trouble using the STAT
weather files that are available on the energy plus website from
http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weatherdata_int.cfm .
The locations I am interested in evaluating only have STAT weather files
and not the EPW files. Is there any way of easily converting those STAT
text files to EPW files. I have tried  converting the STAT files to .csv
format via Microsoft Excel but the EP Weather Converter will not convert
the .csv file to  the .epw format.

I imagine there must be a way of converting those files, any help would be
much appreciated.

Cheers

S. Obadeyi

__
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email may be confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only.
Unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal offence.
Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the sender.