Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] building north

At 02:32 PM 7/25/2004, mby wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is "the building north" in absolute coordinates in
>direction of Y-axis or in direction of X-axis?

Building North would be the Y-axis.

>When I go to relative coordinates and put 90 does it
>means that building north faces "east".
>When I go relative and put 180, does it mean that
>building north faces "south"
>When I go relative and put 270, does it mean that the
>building faces "west".

Basicallyl, yes to your questions. Building North 90 means your building is
rotated 90 degrees from its "north".    Or all walls that have an outward
facing normal of 0 (i.e. north walls) with a North Axis of 0, would now
have an outward facing normal of 90.

Note that a Zone can also have a relative north axis (to the building North).

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team