[EnergyPlus_Support] a room facing North or South- additional

Dear all,
I see that there is no any answer to my question.
Maybe I have to give some additional details:
1. Simulation is for north hemisphere meaning Hong
Kong,
2. I am suspicious to my weather file, because it is
"hand-made". I do not understand how the program
determines if the building is at the south or north
hemisphere. I assume that it may be done either by
weather file or by location data in idf file.
Regards
Bojic