Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Daylight

Fábyo,

I have looked at your input file with two reference points defined in
each zone.  I note that you are located in Brazil and have clerestory
windows on the north and west walls.  It is only the reference points
that are on the west side of your westernmost zones that are seeing the
high illuminances from 4-6pm during your summer design days (Dec-Mar).
As I move these reference points from side to side, I see the high
values move to slightly later or earlier times in these days.  I have
been told that the exterior solar data for design days is based on your
input Sky Clearness factor, which for your summer design days is 1.0
(completely clear).  Exterior illuminance in lux for direct sunlight can
easily be in the tens of thousands range.  I would say that these
particular reference points are simply getting blasted by direct
sunlight at these hours of these summer design days.

I also noted that you are getting zero illuminance values during your
winter design day (July) for all hours.  This is due to the fact that
you have input 0.0 for your winter design day Sky Clearness, which means
no solar.

Rob Hitchcock