Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] multi file running

In the next release, expected in late September 2004, EP-Launch will have a new
feature to run groups of simulations.

Another option is to set up your own DOS batch file which calls RunEPlus.bat
multiple times.  See the Getting Started manual for information about
RunEPlus.bat.

With both of the above approaches, I would encourage you to learn how to use
the EP-Macro language so that you can set up your runs using a single master
input file and set a variable to change your insulation level.

Also, a third-party tool called EzPlus-Parm might be ideal for your needs:

"EzPlus-Parm is a standalone Windows tool intended primarily for EnergyPlus
parametric analysis. It was designed primary to simplify the running of
multiple parametric EnergyPlus simulations. EzPlus helps a user to organize and
edit all needed files."

http://www.deringergroup.com/Software/EPlusTools.htm

Mike

On 12 Aug 2004, at 9:29, Edward Lyon wrote:

> I had similar circumstances and used Excel Visual Basic to write my own
> routines.  Excel VB can remotely operate the E+ simulation.  I listed my
> file names and had Excel read the list and rename the input files for
> E+.  After running E+, Excel would rename the output files to save the
> results and also open the .csv files and plot the results I wanted to
> see.  My application was specialized to the simulations I was running,
> not well suited to general purpose use, and had some glitches , but it
> was sure nice to sleep through most of the processing of 300+ input
> files.....
>
> Ned Lyon
>
> Senior Project Manager
> Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
>
> 41 Seyon Street
> Building #1, Suite 500
> Waltham, MA  02453
>
> Phone:  781-907-9000
> Fax:  781-907-9009

> Hi All!
> I need to rum a lot of files for my BSc thesys.
> Do anyone know about some software that can help me run the files one
> after the other?
>
> The difference between the files is little - the width of polistiren
> isolatoon for example.
>
> Thanks
> Itamar

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
> folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: