Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] solar transmittance

Hi,

most probably your value is for normal incidence. In the simulation,
solar radiation usually has an angle other than normal (smaller) for
which transmittance is reduced (down to zero for parallel).

Achim

>>> bclwong@xxxxxxxxxxxx 08/17/04 12:49pm >>>
Hi,

I constructed a external wall with a window and without window
shading device and window frame. The solar transmittance of the
window glass is 0.775 (clear glass). But the simulated result of
window system solar transmittance is 0.7. I wonder if someone can
tell me why the difference was happened.

lee

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.