Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] solar transmittance

Hi,

no, the shading coefficient combines direct radiation and secondary
heat transfer (absorption and following convection). To complicate
matters, the SC refers the SHGC (solar heat gain coefficient) to that of
"a standard reference window of single-pane, double strength (whatever
that is) clear glass. SHGC_ref is approx. 0.8, so your SHGC is approx.
0.76 (0.95 x 0.8).

Achim

>>> bclwong@xxxxxxxxxxxx 08/17/04 01:05pm >>>
Achim,

Thanks a lot!
I've another question about "Shading Coefficient". The solar
transmittance
of 0.775 of a clear glass I found form the datasets of window glass. It

indicates the shading coefficient of the clear glass is 0.95. As I know

that 0.95 means there will be 95% of solar radiation entering into the

space through the glazing, but why the solar transmittance of 0.775
is.

lee