Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] humidistat and Min/Max RH

Both a SET POINT MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE MAX (or MIN) HUM and a ZONE
CONTROL:HUMIDISTAT object are required for most system types.  Unitary
equipment only requires a humidistat.

The humidistat determines the moisture load in the zone and the setpoint
manager uses this moisture load and the current supply air flow rate to
determine the required supply air humidity ratio.  Finally a controller or
other piece of equipment attempts to meet the supply air humidity ratio
setpoint.  The relative humidity setpoint on the humidistat [in %RH (0-100)]
must match the relative humidity setpoint on the set point manager [as a
fraction (0.0-1.0)].  Currently, the humidistat only allows a single RH
setpoint schedule, so it is not possible to specify high and low RH setpoints
in the same zone.  You can either schedule the RH setpoint seasonally or
specify the max RH setpoint in one zone and the min RH setpoint in a different
zone on the same system.  If the zones have loads with similar sensible to
latent ratios, then the resulting control should be fairly close.

Mike

On 9 Sep 2004, at 13:13, hjunmoon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For the humidity control for a zone, how the humidistat and SETPINT
> MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE Min/Max HUM setting works together? Does the
> Min/Max HUM should be set together with the humidistat?
>
> I would like to set a range of RH for a zone, such as 30~60%, and if
> the zone RH is below 30% or above 60% RH,
> humidification/dehumification would work. How can I make the model
> as simple as possible?
> Thanks,
>
> Hyeun Jun Moon
> Georgia Institute of Technology