[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: heat exchanger:Air to air: general

In addition, look at the E+ Engineering Document page 319 (page 346 of
413 in the pdf file) for an explanation of how Heat Exchanger:Air To
Air:Generic works with an air-side economizer.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "donbshireyiii"
<shirey@f...> wrote:
> Please upload your idf file to the EnergyPlus yahoogroups web site
> (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/) or send it
> EnergyPlus-Support@g... and we'll take a quick look at it.
>
> If the temperature of the relief air is greater than the temperature
> of the incoming outdoor ventilation air, then you will see a
positive
> value.
>
> What weather file are you using?
>
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joseph Lewis
> <fortierengineer@y...> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a heat exchanger:air to air:general in a model that only
> transfers sensible heat between the relief airflow and the outdoor
air
> flow.  Running it in the summer design day, I have discovered that
no
> matter what control strategy for the out door air system, there are
> hours where the "Heat Exchanger Sensible Heating Rate" is positive.
> have looked at the  HVACStandAloneERV_Economizer.idf example for
help,
>  and it has the same issue.   I have also looked at
DesiccantCVRh.idf