Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] wind speed vs electric consumption

My apologies for the delayed response.

Higher wind speed will increase exterior convection coefficients and may
increase INFILTRATION flow rates depending on the coefficients used.  During
the daytime, the increased convection helps cool surfaces which are hotter than
the outdoor dry bulb due to incident solar.  During the night, if the outdoor
dry bulb is warmer than the inside zone temperature, then increased convection
increses heat transfer from outside into the envelope.

Mike

On 28 Sep 2004, at 10:24, HSIEH Chun-Ming wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was doing a kind of sensitive analysis (pretty rough one).
> I  changed the wind speed from 0,1,2, 3,4 to 5
> to see how the wind speed affects the heat rejection (or say electric
> consumption) of window type air conditiopners
> in the same building with the same schedule.
>
> The results showed
> 1. During the daytime, the electic consumption (heat rejection) of air
> condioners is getting lower as the the wind speed increases.
> 2. At night (after sunset and before sunrise), the electic consumption
> (heat rejection) of air condioners is getting HIGHER as the the wind
> speed increase goes up. That means we need more electric consumption
> when there is  windy outside at night.
>
> I think result 1 is reasonable, but I wonder how to explain the result 2.
> do you have any ideas about that? Thank you very much.
>
> Chunming

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links