Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] about the humid ratio control and the preheat desigh set temperature

1.  The system sizing calculations need some sort of humidity ratio to work
with, so the "Central heating design supply air humidity ratio {kg-H2O/kg-air}"
is required.  Enter a reasonable value consistent with the specified supply air
temperature.  Changing this value will have only a minor impact on the sizing
results.

2.  If there is no preheat coil, the "Preheat design set temperature {C}" field
in SYSTEM SIZING is ignored if there is no preheat coil in the system model.

Mike

On 2 Nov 2004, at 14:44, beyangj wrote:

> Dear,
>
> In my simulation model, the Zone heating design supply air humidity
> ratio doesn't need to be controlled. I set the Fieild:Zone heating
> design supply air humidity ratio as blank, but the following error
> message was given:
> ** Severe  ** Error detected in Object=ZONE SIZING, name=SP1
> **   ~~~   ** Field [Zone heating design supply air humidity ratio]
> is required but was blank
>
> In my model, there is no  preheat coil, so I didn't control the
> preheat design set temperature, and I set this field as blank. Also
> the error message about it was given as follow:
> ** Severe  ** Error detected in Object=SYSTEM SIZING, name=VAV SYS 1
> **   ~~~   ** Field [Preheat design set temperature] is required but
> was blank
>
> For these two fields, they both can't be set as blank, but they
> don't need to be controlled in my model, how can I set these two
> fields?
>
> Best,
>
> Stewart

> http://www.energyplus.gov