From: Michael J. Witte [mailto:mjwitte@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 3:20 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] PassiveTrombeWall from E+ example files

Well, that is certainly what a trombe wall is expected to do.  Is it realistic?
Maybe yes, maybe no.  In this example the floors are adiabatic, which is not
realistic.  The walls and roof are heavily insulated, which is typical of
passive solar construction.  Also, this example uses a highly selective surface
for the exterior layer of the trombe wall construction (solar absorptance=0.85,
thermal absorptance=0.05).  With these material properties, the results are
probably realistic for a sunny climate.  You might try changing the wall
properties to a more common insulation level and setting the trombe wall
thermal absorptance to 0.9 to see how much this impacts the results.

Mike

On 30 Nov 2004, at 16:20, ingdallolio wrote:

> Dear all,
> I'm running "PassiveTrombeWall" from E+ example files, I'm using the
> Milan (Italy) weather file. In January with outside temperatures that
> arrive to -14 C, into the room provided with the trombe wall ( zone 1)
> temperature never goes below 27 C, is that realistic ?
> Andrea.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

 <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ei5elv/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1101939874/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here
  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2434971/rand=672363731>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: