[EnergyPlus_Support] Internal Loads

Dear list-members,

I have a question about internal gains. I am currently running a simple building (1 zone) under the climate of Stockholm. Internal gains are modeled as "other equipment", 300 Watt, 100% radiant. The schedule for this equipment is "on"  all the time. I want to calculate heating loads, using the Purchased Air System. What is puzzling me is the following:

If I run the file I can see the heating is working all the time in January, February etc as the indoor temperature is constantly my setpoint value of 20 degrees Celcius, and the heating energy is pretty constant. Now if I turn OFF my internal loads by reducing the 300 Watt to 0 Watt, I would expect the heating energy per timestep to increase with 300 W x 3600 = 1080.000 J. However, the difference between heating energy with and without internal load is only about 930.000 J. No other mods were made between these two runs. In the file without internal loads the temperature is 20 degrees as well, so all internal gains should contribute to the heating.

Does anybody have a pointer to what might be causing this? May-be something in the Purchased Air approach, or???

Thanks for any advice!

Best regards,

Pieter de Wilde

P.J.C.J. (Pieter) de Wilde