From: Wilde, Pieter de [mailto:P.deWilde@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 9:37 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Internal Loads

Dear list-members,

I have a question about internal gains. I am currently running a simple
building (1 zone) under the climate of Stockholm. Internal gains are
modeled as "other equipment", 300 Watt, 100% radiant. The schedule for
this equipment is "on"  all the time. I want to calculate heating loads,
using the Purchased Air System. What is puzzling me is the following:

If I run the file I can see the heating is working all the time in
January, February etc as the indoor temperature is constantly my
setpoint value of 20 degrees Celcius, and the heating energy is pretty
constant. Now if I turn OFF my internal loads by reducing the 300 Watt
to 0 Watt, I would expect the heating energy per timestep to increase
with 300 W x 3600 = 1080.000 J. However, the difference between heating
energy with and without internal load is only about 930.000 J. No other
mods were made between these two runs. In the file without internal
loads the temperature is 20 degrees as well, so all internal gains
should contribute to the heating.

Does anybody have a pointer to what might be causing this? May-be
something in the Purchased Air approach, or???

Thanks for any advice!

Best regards,

Pieter de Wilde

P.J.C.J. (Pieter) de Wilde
TNO Building and Construction Research
Email:  P.deWilde@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:  +31 15 276 3520
Fax:    +31 15 276 3023

Visiting Address:
Van Mourik Broekmanweg 6
2628 XE Delft
The Netherlands

Postal Address:
P.O. Box 49
2600 AA  Delft
The Netherlands

http://www.bouw.tno.nl

The disclaimer that applies to e-mail from TNO Building and Construction
Research can be found on http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129hnfck2/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/
D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1102948657/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*htt
p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=group
s/S=:HM/A=2434971/rand=446308277>

be>

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM