Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about cooling and heating priority

What kind of system is serving the direct air terminal unit?  Is it a fixed
supply air temperature?  The only way to control the amount of heating and
cooling provided by direct air is to use a set point manager such as SET POINT
MANAGER:COLDEST.  If I understand your intent correctly, the direct air unit
should be priority 1 so it will run first, then the fan coil should be priority
2 so it will pick up any remaning load.  Perhaps the direct air flow was
meeting the entire load (or more) and that is why the fan coil would not
operate?

Mike

On 24 Dec 2004, at 2:55, zyyh9819 wrote:

>   Thank you very much for your reply for my question about
> sunflower2.idf! I have another question.
>   I would like to simulate a building with Fan coil and direct air.
> In Zone Equipment List of my idf file, I define the direct air with
> the highest cooling and heating priority and the fan coil with the
> next highest priority.
>   But in the result, I find the direct air can not work. Then I
> define the fan coil with the highest cooling and heating priority
> and the direct air with the next highest priority. At this time, I
> find the fan coil can not work. I can not explain it. me! please
> help me. I will very appreciate it!

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links