Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] electrity use for fans in cooling towers

At 03:07 PM 1/31/2005, Zhen Tian wrote:
>If  the electricity of fans in cooling towers (Tower Fan Electric
>Consumption) is included in the "Meter: Fans:Electricity" field?
>Also, if the pumps energy use in cooling towers is also included in
>"Meter: Pumps:Electricity" ?
>
>When I link the radiant cooling sytem directly to a condensor loop
>(cooling tower), I found the the value in "Meter: Fans:Electricity" is
>almost the same to the situation when there is no condensor loop (no
>cooling towers).

Look in the "meter details file" -- <project name>.mtd   It shows what
report variables are on which meters.

e.g.:  an excerpt
  For Meter=Electricity:Facility [J], contents are:
   SOUTHZONE_1STFLOOR:Lights-Electric Consumption
   NORTHZONE_1STFLOOR:Lights-Electric Consumption
   SOUTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:Lights-Electric Consumption
   NORTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:Lights-Electric Consumption
   SOUTHZONE_1STFLOOR:Cat00 Electric Eq-Consumption
   NORTHZONE_1STFLOOR:Cat00 Electric Eq-Consumption
   SOUTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:Cat00 Electric Eq-Consumption
   NORTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:Cat00 Electric Eq-Consumption
   DXCOOLINGCOIL_SOUTHZONE_1STFLOOR:DX Cooling Coil Electric Consumption
   DXCOOLINGCOIL_SOUTHZONE_1STFLOOR:DX Cooling Coil Crankcase Heater
Consumption
   DXCOOLINGCOIL_NORTHZONE_1STFLOOR:DX Cooling Coil Electric Consumption
   DXCOOLINGCOIL_NORTHZONE_1STFLOOR:DX Cooling Coil Crankcase Heater
Consumption
   DXCOOLINGCOIL_SOUTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:DX Cooling Coil Electric Consumption
   DXCOOLINGCOIL_SOUTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:DX Cooling Coil Crankcase Heater
Consumption
   DXCOOLINGCOIL_NORTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:DX Cooling Coil Electric Consumption
   DXCOOLINGCOIL_NORTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:DX Cooling Coil Crankcase Heater
Consumption
   SUPPLYFAN_SOUTHZONE_1STFLOOR:Fan Electric Consumption
   SUPPLYFAN_NORTHZONE_1STFLOOR:Fan Electric Consumption
   SUPPLYFAN_SOUTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:Fan Electric Consumption
   SUPPLYFAN_NORTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:Fan Electric Consumption
   HEATINGCOIL_SOUTHZONE_1STFLOOR:Heating Coil Electric Consumption
   REHEATCOIL_SOUTHZONE_1STFLOOR:Heating Coil Electric Consumption
   HEATINGCOIL_NORTHZONE_1STFLOOR:Heating Coil Electric Consumption
   REHEATCOIL_NORTHZONE_1STFLOOR:Heating Coil Electric Consumption
   HEATINGCOIL_SOUTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:Heating Coil Electric Consumption
   REHEATCOIL_SOUTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:Heating Coil Electric Consumption
   HEATINGCOIL_NORTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:Heating Coil Electric Consumption
   REHEATCOIL_NORTHZONE_2NDFLOOR:Heating Coil Electric Consumption

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team