Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] about the symmetrical building

You might be able to save some effort by using relative coordinates and
rotating similar zones using the ZONE "north axis" field.  But you still must
have objects to represent each zone and surface.  There is no "LIKE" command
which copies a zone the way some other software has.

Mike

On 14 Feb 2005, at 10:16, beyangj wrote:

> Dear,
> Now I'm building a model, and the building is symmetrical. There are
> eight apartments on each floor, namely A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H. C unit and D
> unit can be got by rotating A and B units round Z axis, and E and F
> units can be got by rotating A and B units around Y axis, and G and
> H units can  be got by rotating A and B units round X axis. The
> eight units are symmetrical. I wondered whether I can simplify the
> input of the symmetrical building? Thanks in advance!
>
> Best,
>
> Stewart

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: