Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] cross mixing

For MIXING and CROSS MIXING, if the delta temperature is set to zero, then air
will flow between the zones anytime the schedule value is non-zero regardless
of the temperatures in the two zones.  There is not a good example of your
application.  ADS_SIMPLE_SmallOffice.idf
uses MIXING and CROSS MIXING, but it also uses the ADS airflow objects which
makes it a more complex example.

Mike

On 20 Feb 2005, at 12:14, ogocer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear all,
> Yesterday i sent a mail about natural convection between two zones. i have
> begun to read airflow. But i have some questions about it.
> it is written in help manual that "mixing would occur if the zone
> temperatures differed by Delta temperature..."
> if we define a constant temperature e.g for winter 21 celcius, for summer
> 15 celcius to obtain heating and cooling loads without using an active
> system, both of zones inside temperatures will be same. i mean delta
> temperature will be zero.
> In help manual it says "if this field is zero, mixing occurs regardless of
> the relative air temperatures" I can't understand exactly what it means?
> Is there any sample idf about air flow?
>
> Note: As i said before i am working on a sunspace attached building, if
> you answer me considering what i am working on, i will be pleased.
>
> Thanks
> O.Gocer

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: